Overhead Car Shaker
The NAVCO Overhead Rail Car Shaker is designed to facilitate unloading open top, bottom discharge hopper cars. It is a heavy-duty unloading system designed for the most difficult materials and in the most difficult conditions. The Overhead Car Shaker is constructed of stress relieved heavy steel plate and is designed for continuous 24 hour duty. The unit also features a cardan shaft that eliminates the need to replace or adjust belts.
- Heavy steel construction normalized prior to assembly for stress relief and long life
- Modular sealed gear box exciter drive with close coupled bearings for low shaft deflection and long life
- Direct coupled cardan drive shaft – eliminating belt replacement or tensioning maintenance issues
- Bolted modular components allow easy access for maintenance or replacement
- Variable frequency drive allows simple operating adjustments to changing unloading conditions
- Increases worker safety
- Reduces Labor costs
- Faster unloading of even the most stubborn material
- Low maintenance, long service life
- Significantly reduces carryback
For lighter duty applications, see our Railside Car Shaker.